Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fabric Inspirations

Just a little over two weeks ago, I attended the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, Washington for the first time. It is an annual event and is the largest of its kind on the west coast. Hundreds of vendors were there to tempt me!

There was inspiration at every turn. Unusual fabrics included Japanese indigo panels and Ikat fabrics, handmade alpaca woolens, silks, hemp fabrics and many more. I came home with some indigo panels and beautiful printed linens and even some of the alpaca wool fabric.


From these pictures you can see that I got swept up in an Asian theme. The fabrics will be a joy to sew and fun to put together into lovely combinations. I hope to make the Sewing Expo a yearly event and would recommend it to anyone who loves fabric and all things related to sewing.

5 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

We were just talking pillows today. I'm in the "get rid of it" mood and have these ancient shirts (15 years old) that are cotton and feel GREAT but are completely out of style. The kids (14 & 17) are sentimentally attached to them from their childhoods. I keep trying to give them away and they won't part with them.

Daughter says to me today - "Let's cut out fabric from them and make pillows we can each keep!" Brilliant. Will do. Wish me luck on follow through. LOL

Carla said...

Hi Robynn,
Good idea! It's great to use fabric that has meaning to make something that can be so useful. Good luck!
Carla

Living in the Garden said...

oooohhh
these are beautiful!
I can't wait to see what you create with them.

High Desert Diva said...

Love the fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you pair it with for the pillows!

High Desert Diva said...

Just checkin' in....


I like the updated website!