Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Buy Local!

Our beautiful Palouse!
{Photo by Scotty Thompson}

I have been virtually absent from my blog and keep telling myself that I will change my ways and be more attentive. For now, I will just keep telling myself that!

I want to share a new local venture with you. It's an artists/artisans cooperative that represents our geographical area known as the Palouse. It just opened this month and below is an excerpt from their website . If you are in the area, please drop in and check it out. (Some of my pillows are there...)


2 Degrees Northwest:
Where Art Meets the Land
Our Region: Based in north central Idaho and southeastern Washington, and the places between 47 and 49 degrees latitude, our region stretches from the Plummer/Worley area of Idaho south to Riggins. From east to west, it encompasses towns such as Uniontown, Colfax, and Palouse in southwestern Washington state and across to the Wieppe/Pierce area in Idaho, near the Montana border. (Online Map coming soon!)
Our Mission: We believe the arts and handmade goods are central to a strong and vibrant place-based rural economy. Therefore, we work to support and create opportunities for arts-based economic development; to cooperatively market the region’s artists and artisans; and to link our region’s arts and fine crafts to other locally made products such as foods, wines, unique sites, services, and experiences.

Good News!
We've launched a store and business incubator in downtown Moscow, Idaho! Come see us at 210 S. Main Street, Tuesday-Saturday 10-6. If you are an artist or make non-perishable food products and would like to talk to us about selling in the store, give us a call at 882-8470.

1 comment:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Wish I lived closer...I'd be there but congrats! Love your things. :)