Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Possibilities



Recently I hosted a fun afternoon in my studio with three friends and lots and lots of wool fiber. We were learning to do wool felting and exploring the creative possibilities using this technique. What we learned is that it quickly becomes an obsessive activity! It is much like painting only with more of a three dimensional effect either on flat wool surfaces or by actually making wool "sculptures". My goal is to incorporate this great technique into future pillow designs to make truly unique pillows. How fun!

2 comments:

Living in the Garden said...

Oh man Carla, That looks wonderful.
I love the stripes. very very cool.
I need to get back over there while all the
materials are still out.

High Desert Diva said...

I have yet to try it....