Saturday, February 21, 2009

Plethora of Pillows





I have been busy at my machine preparing for my participation in the Sweet on Spring celebration at the gardens of my friend, Suzanne St. Pierre. This event promises to bring to life the energy we all feel as the world reawakens with intensity to the color and life of spring. As I sit in my studio with the sun pouring through the windows and birdsong surrounding me again, I can't think of a better way to acknowledge spring fever than to simply embrace it with a celebration!

Over half of my new pillows for this event are made from vintage fabrics and all of them are meant to bring color and brightness into play during this time of year when winter looks so weary. Hopefully you will agree that these pillows put you in mind of the great out-of-doors --and that there are some that just make you smile.

10 comments:

Living in the Garden said...

I ADORE the dots.

High Desert Diva said...

As soon as I saw the butterfly, I thought...hmmm that looks like Vera...sure enough.

Polka dots always make me smile!

I see you've found Cicada Studio's link. She's one of my favorite designers (and bloggers).

Best of luck with all of your show preparations.

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzanne and Carla! I LOVE the pillows... and ALL of your plans for "Sweet on Spring"! What amazing ideas you have! Have so much fun! I sure wish I was able to be there!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Carla, what a great spring theme.
See you Saturday!!!

Robynn's Ravings said...

LOVE your pillows, designs, and fabrics so I had to sign up to follow! Found you from High Desert Diva. Can't wait to peruse more.

High Desert Diva said...

Carla,

So fun to meet you in person! Can't wait to see you in July!

Can you believe I forgot to take pictures of your area in the conservatory once you had set up?!?

Too much talking and oggling!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,
It was so good to meet you today at LITG, and to see some of the gifts of your talented eye! (And ohhh, that poppy fabric! :o)

Wishing you continued joy and success in your pillow-y adventure! I'll happily visit your blog often --

Warmly,
Kim Forester

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,
What a treat it was to meet you today at LITG, and to see the gifts of your talented eye and hands ~ Your fabrics are exquisite, and your tailoring is so beautifully done. I'll happily visit your lovely blog often, and look forward to seeing you and your special creations again!

Best wishes,
Kim Forester

High Desert Diva said...

Hi Carla,

I'm in Portland and can receive, but not send emails for some reason.

Loved seeing the pictures from the sale!

Talked to Heidi last night. There's a family wedding at the end of July in Spokane. I suggested we skip the wedding and descend at your place.........

Carla said...

Hi Susan,
I just went to Spacify--very fun! Thanks for visiting my site.
Carla